Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ReFashion #2





I am really proud of this find. These pants are made by Bobbie Brooks, a company that has been making women's apparel since 1939. They fit my waist perfectly, but were too long and wide for my taste so I tapered them some and brought the hem up a few inches. I absolutely adore them now. I decided to wear them with a bright coral top and nude heels. Hope you like! -C.C.



Pleated Navy Pants, Goodwill, $6


Before


Front
Front
Back
Back



After

Photobucket


Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. I'll take a pair!!
    -Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - i'm so impressed! i wish i had those sewing skills! I have a pair of pants that desperately need this kind of makeover. how long have you been sewing for?

    thanks for stopping by! have a wonderful day!

    -suzanne
    awkwardly chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've only been sewing for about 6 months, so I'm still a beginner. I bought a sewing machine at Goodwill in December and started teaching myself. Now I'm hooked! Taking clothes apart and putting them back together is really teaching me a lot about clothing construction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this outfit is SOOOOOOO FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete