Saturday, June 4, 2011

ReFashion #4

The Trend: Lace Shorts

lacey



I've been dying for a pair of lace shorts. I think the lacey texture adds a little flirt to the spring/summer staple garment. Luckily while browsing through the racks at Goodwill, I found the perfect black lace top to make a pair of my own. I also grabbed a pair of oversize black shorts to be placed underneath the lace. I altered the shorts and removed the back pockets. Then I cut four panels from the lace top, sewed them together, and then sewed them to the shorts. I kept the beautiful scalloped hem that the top originally had. This project took quite long because I had to be extra careful with the delicate lace and I only had a limited supply, but I think it turned out great. Have a great weekend everyone! -C.C.




Lace Top & Black Short, Goodwill, $8


Before


Lace top
Lace Top
Black Shorts
Black Shorts



After


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so creative! And the shorts came out amazing! Love it!

    A plus,
    Aryn
    Driftwood and Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great refashion and so darn creative! Makes me wanna learn to sew again! I doubt I would ever get this creative though! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your DIY shorts are awesome, I am loving that scalloped hem! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo cute, love the shorts
    the whole outfit comes together nicely, a vintage chanel purse would be perfect with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm...you're just adorable. I thought you should know :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh girl!!I am in love with these, I have a pair from H&M I haven't worn yet and I am going to wear them soon! You must link this to Thrifters anonymous on Monday!!! I need to fix my sewing machine and you need to come to Vegas and show me your skills :O)

    Shana
    ColorBlind
    THRIFTERS WANTED LINK UP HERE
    Enter Earring Giveaway HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is a lovely refashion. You have got me inspired! thank you for popping by my blog and leaving a nice comment about my belt :-)

    Agy from Green Issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit :)

    xoxo, Ana
    http://stardustandroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your lace shorts and it look so classy with your white polo.:)
    I hope we can be blogger friends.

    http://mestizay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is so creative... to turn a shirt into a pair of shorts! They came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These shorts are amazing! What a beautiful job you did. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your DIY lace shorts turned out so well! I really like them, but I'm not sure if I could handle a diy of this calibre :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an amazing job!! Love how they turned out! You look great in them!!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kristine
    http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-i-wore-wednesday-k-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Shorts look fantastic!!! You are sooo creative!!!

    ♥ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such an ingenious idea. I always said that I wish I could sew too. You have nudged me stop wishing and take some action. I'm moving it up to the top of my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks guys! glad i could inspire you Keren!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your style!
    Im in Australian and its Summer right now, these shorts have just hit our shops.
    Im so glad to have found your blog.
    Please visit mine at htttp://upcycledtoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete