Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ReFashion #7

The Trend: Brights

brights


Bright colors popped on the s/s 2011 runway. You can be seen coming from a mile away sporting colors like these. Nothing wrong with that I say. But for those of you that are fearful of looking like a walking highlighter, try wearing a bright statement piece with other nude pieces to tone it down. To represent this trend I found a great Jones New York top in a yellow-orange color (worn backwards in the before pics - woops!). Like my last project, it had shoulder pads that made me feel like a linebacker so I ended up taking them out.  I also chopped off the sleeves and created something like a racerback top. I liked the original shape if the collar, so I kept it. I wore it with a pair of skinny jeans & my fave pair of shoes. Enjoy the rest of your week! -C.C.



Bright Orange Top, Goodwill, $4



Before 



After

Photobucket



12 comments:

  1. this top is so fantastic you can even style it with a coloured skirt! :)

    www.christinebalram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous refashion!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww i love what you did with that top. I thought it was cute before but HUNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYY. YES!!! Now following :)

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe thanks you guys! & thanks for following SheDel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you CAN'T do?! I hope not! I LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. colour of that top is gorge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love color. It makes summer better. I have a pink jacket I wear in the winter that makes winter a little less dreary.

    Have an amazing Friday!

    xo,
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great Sarah! Colors like these can really lift your spirits :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! you're so good at this!

    http://sewherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. just simply gorgeous....the top AND you!! I just read your Burdastyle interview. what a lovely read it was - so impressed with your work!!

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete