Thursday, September 1, 2011

ReFashion #11

My sleeping pattern's been way off lately. I've been up til 3-4am sewing and surfing the net. While up late last night morning, I made this dress from a thrifted pleated skirt using a great tutorial I found on Welcome to the Good Life. It was so easy! I highly recommend it! I'm very happy with how it turned out. The print is very Burberryesque and it'll transition well into Fall which is all about plaids and grid lines. Alright I really need to get some beauty rest. G'nite! -C.C. 


Pleated Skirt, $4, Goodwill


Before


After

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oh I like this, very nice!! Hope you get some sleep soon tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belt was a simple accessory that worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I'm going to head over to that site right now and check it out. I've got a skirt in the closet screaming for a refashion ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! If I could create clothes like this I would be selling them!

    -Laura xox
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. No one would believe your dress was formerly a skirt... and a second-hand one at that. A very nicely done diy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great! That's one of the projects on my to-do list, I love Sarah's DIYs! Also, I love your blog! :)

    Bri
    http://fourtyninedresses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally just said, "OH MY GOD!" out loud. you are TALENTED!! this is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome!! I L.O.V.E. it :)

    ReplyDelete